I'm a Mormon.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Crazy Fun Days.....

Through the last nearly 11 years of being a Mom, I have been a Stay at Home (working) Mom, a Work outside of the home, a part time stay at home/work outside the home mom, and a Full-time student/stay at home/work outside the home mom. I'm sure you see the trend there...I have been a Mom for nearly 11 years, and I have worked for many more than that! I am in a Work outside the home Mom stage now, and probably will be for the rest of my days. I am okay with it, probably because I have a job which allows me to have "Family Sick Leave" time, vacation time, and many holidays to be home with my boys. In fact, I took the whole week off this week, to be with the boys, and plan for Aidan's birthday and baptism. Let's just say that working outside the home is much easier than staying home! Don't get me wrong, I have great kids! It just takes much more energy to be home than it does to go to work each day.

Today's activities are a great example:

*Help Connor make breakfast for everybody, while doing dishes and cleaning the kitchen
*Clean the house, with help from boys (help=asking the boys to stay on task once every 5-10 minutes for 2 hours)
*Clean up the bathroom floor and part of the boy's room floor, using all but 2 towels in the house, after the toilet overflowed
*Make 2 different dishes for lunches for kids, while realizing that we were late getting Korbin to school
*Getting Korbin to school
*Errands in Eureka to get the remainder of birthday party supplies (I hope) and birthday presents (this included far more than I planned on spending at the Scout store!)
*Stop for Connor and Aidan to eat
*Picking up Korbin from Gaga and Pop's house
*Feeding 3 boys again, while they watch a movie

Still left on the list?
* Bake the cake and make the army colors frosting so that tomorrow I can make an "Army fighting" scenario come to life on the cake. (any idea how to make land mines?)
* Put together treat bags
* Clean the bathroom
* Fold mountains of laundry (including all those towels used to clean up the toilet water)
* maybe get some sleep

Being home takes much more out of me, but I am surely more rewarded by being with my children! I am grateful for each of them!

No comments: